Monday 3 November 2014

Fried rice

I don't eat fried rice as much as I would like but some days I get organised and cook the rice earlier. It is a fantastic accompaniment to most dishes and especially my apricot chicken curry found here Apricot chicken curry.

It is from my cookbook 'Food before 5' but I have decided to share as it makes a great side dish or light lunch.  Simple, healthy and great!



Fried rice
  • 200g bacon pieces
  • 2 sticks celery, diced
  • ½ red capsicum, finely diced
  • 2 shallots, finely sliced
  • 200g mixed frozen vegetables
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 ½ cups cooked rice
  • 2 Tbspn soy sauce

In a large frypan over medium to high heat, fry bacon for 5 mins or until cooked through.

Add celery, capsicum, shallots & mixed vegetables & cook for 10 mins.

Add eggs & cook for a further minute.

Add the cooked rice & mix through the bacon & vegetables. 

Pour soy sauce over rice & vegetables & stir to combine.

Note:  Rice generally doubles in size when cooked.  1 ¾ cups uncooked rice makes approx  3 ½ cups cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment