Wednesday 14 January 2015

Cauliflower fried rice

This has become my new favourite thing to accompany a meal - Cauliflower fried rice.  It goes great with a curry or as a healthy side dish to almost anything. Sorry, my photo isn't great and next time I make this I will take more photos and add them to this post.

Cauliflower fried rice

Cut a head of cauliflower into florets.  Place the florets into a food processor and gently process until you get the consistency of rice.  Don't over process as it will be too fine. I do it in batches as I like to make lots of it.

In a frying pan, add bacon and fry until cooked.  Add a heap of frozen veges and fry until heated through. You can add almost anything you like including scrambled eggs, shallots, capsicum etc. In the photo below, I added some kale which I had on hand.

Add the raw cauliflower rice and toss around to mix through with the bacon & veges.

Cook, stirring regularly until the cauliflower is tender.  This doesn't take very long at all (a few minutes).

Pour over some soy sauce and stir through.  Serve with anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment