Steak, onion and tomato pie
- 2 Tbspn flour
- 1kg chuck steak
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 ½Tbspn balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup beef stock
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Tbspn gravy powder
1. Add flour into bottom of slow cooker.
2. Dice steak into small pieces & add into slow cooker. Toss to coat the meat in flour.
3. Add onion, tomatoes, thyme, vinegar & stock. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
4. Cook on high for 4 ½ hrs or low for 7 hrs or until meat is tender. At the end of cooking time, add gravy powder & stir until mixture thickens slightly.
5. Preheat oven to 200oC.
6. Transfer meat mixture from slow cooker into small dishes or one large dish. Top with mashed potato (recipe below).
7. Bake in preheated oven for 20 mins or until the top has browned.
3 large potatoes, peeled
¾ cup milk
1 ½ Tbspn butter
Dice potatoes into pieces approx. 1 ½ cm. Boil in salted water until potatoes are tender. Drain. Add milk & butter & mash until smooth.