My name is Amanda and I am the Simple home cook. My blog shares recipes that are quick, easy, affordable and very tasty! Whether you are a stay at home mum, a single bloke, a student learning to cook, an elderly person or a full time worker - if you like simple cooking then I might be able to help you out. Please join in and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sunday, 9 November 2014
Spinach, chickpea & fetta pie
Spinach and ricotta is a great combo and is even better with puff pastry, eggs & fetta added in. This pie is extremely simple to put together and makes a lovely dinner accompanied by a fresh salad. A great summer dish.
SPINACH, CHICKPEA & FETTA PIE
1 onion, finely diced
2 tsp minced garlic
500g frozen spinach (thawed)
400g can chickpeas, drained
500g ricotta cheese
2 sheets puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a large bowl, place onion & garlic. Microwave for 1 to 2 mins or until softened.
3. Squeeze excess moisture from spinach & add to the onion along with chickpeas, ricotta, eggs & salt. Mix to combine. You may need to use your hands to ensure mixture is thoroughly combined.
4. In a 22cm springform tin, line the base & sides with puff pastry with any excess overlapping as shown. You may need to cut the pastry to ensure the base & sides are completely covered.
5. Pour mixture into the pastry case & press down roughly.
6. Roll any excess pastry up to form a border around the top of the pie.
7. Crumble over fetta.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 30 mins. Remove from oven & allow to cool in tin.