It is perfect for school lunches as it is a little firmer than a cake and will hold together nicely while your kids thrash it around in their bags.
BANANA & MAPLE SYRUP BREAD
- 125g butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 lge bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 2 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line loaf tin (approx. 15cm x 25cm) with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar & maple syrup. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Add eggs & beat.
4. Add banana, flour & bicarb soda. Beat until well combined.
5. Pour into loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until cooked through. Check if centre is cooked by inserting skewer. If it comes out clean, the cake is cooked.