STRAWBERRY PAVLOVA ROLL
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 300ml thickened cream
- 250g strawberries, chopped
- 1 passionfruit
1. Preheat oven to 175oC. Line a swiss roll tin (22cm x 32cm) or similar size baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar & continue beating until mixture is smooth & glossy & all sugar is dissolved.
3. Fold through vinegar, cornflour & vanilla.
4. Pour into lined tin & spread out evenly. Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins.
5. Allow to cool completely in tin before turning out onto a sheet of baking paper sprinkled with caster sugar.
6. Whip cream. Spread over meringue & cover with chopped strawberries (reserving some to decorate the top of the roll).
7. Roll up from the long side & place on a plate, still covered with baking paper. Can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours before serving.
8. Top with extra cream, strawberries & passionfruit just prior to serving.