This recipe is included in my cookbook 'Food before 5'. Only $19.95 & is available from www.foodbefore5.com.au
Monday, 17 February 2014
Apricot chicken curry - best recipe!!
I love quick and simple meals that can be prepared ahead and simply reheated at meal time. Evenings are often crazy with so many other things to get done that spending an hour cooking dinner is sometimes too much to handle. This is a fantastic recipe that uses mainly pantry ingredients and tastes AMAZING!
· Spray oil
· 1 onion, sliced
· 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
· 2 tsp curry powder
· 1 tsp mustard powder
· ¼ cup tomato sauce
· 2 Tbspn apricot jam
· 1 Tbspn fruit chutney
· ½ cup mayonnaise (or Greek yoghurt)
· ½ cup cream
1. In a frypan over medium heat, spray with oil & cook onion until soft.
2. Add chicken & cook for 5 mins or until cooked through.
3. Add curry powder, mustard powder, tomato sauce, jam, chutney & mayonnaise. Stir until combined.
4. Add cream, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins. Eat immediately or cover & refrigerate until required.
Tips: If making ahead, cook rice at the same time as making the curry. Store both in the fridge & reheat at meal time.
Storage: In fridge, covered or in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freeze, in airtight container for up to 2 months.