- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or sultanas)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
With an electric mixer, beat butter & sugar in a small bowl until light & fluffy.
Beat in egg & vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add sifted flour, 2 cups cornflakes & choc chips. Stir until thoroughly combined.
In a separate bowl, crunch up the remaining 2 cups cornflakes into small pieces.
With your hands, form small balls with mixture & roll in cornflake pieces.
Place on tray, leaving space between biscuits for spreading. Lightly flatten balls with a fork.
Bake in preheated oven fro 15 mins. Leave on tray for 5 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Room temperature, in airtight container for up to 5 days
- Fridge, in airtight container for up to 2 weeks
- Freeze, in container or zip lock bag for up to 2 months.